Sunday, February 22, 2009

Alternate Facebook Statuses

News: A small bomb was thrown in a popular tourist area of Cairo, which I've visited many times. 


Laura is....


...Remembering the phrase "There but for the grace of God go I." 


....Glad we didn't choose to go to Khan al-Khalili tonight. Laura is hoping her friends didn't either


....Strangely pleased that this morning in class happened to be the day I learned the word for 'explosion' and 'bomb' and 'plastic.' I wasn't really planning on cementing them into my head that way though...


....Really annoyed that they just turned the news off in the lobby in favor of a soap opera.


....Wondering if watching (and partially understanding) details in the news will cover for the fact that I haven't done my Arabic in the Media homework.


.... More than a little worried about the implications of this happening on the rest of my semester.


.... Marginally unsettled by the fact that my island just got swarmed with military and police security. 


.... Enjoying playing "Spot the Plainclothes" on the street corners. 


.... Placing bets on whodunnit, and how they'll go about claiming it. 


.... Thinking that the last time I watched the news and saw this many locations that I've recently visited was... um... umm...


.... In a trite, but completely honest way, sending her best sentiments to the families of the killed and the injured.


.... thinking that the world seems just a little bit big and scary right now.

No comments: